ICREA Research Professor at ICE (CSIC-IEEC) since 2003. Author of about 600 journal articles, with about 40000 citations. Two ms were cited more than 2000 times, while two more ms and two books - more than 1000 times. Foreign Member of the Royal Norwegian Academy, member of Eur. Phys. Soc., Italian Grav. Soc. Awarded by Amaldi Gold Medal: European Prize for Gravitational Physics 2014. Editorial Board Member of six journals and referee of about 20 journals (with excellence certificates from PLB, EPL, PRD,PRL and EPJC). Hirsh index h=100(Google Sch.),h=81(WoS) and h=92(inspirehep). Supervisor of 12 PhDs. Speaker/lecturer of about 120 conf. and organizer of about 40 int. workshops. Top Cited Thomson-Reuters/Clarivate Analytics Researcher in 2014, 2015,2016,2017,2018. Web.of Science 2017 Award. Silver Medal (2017) and Honorary Professorship (2019) of TSPU, Tomsk.
I develop the theory which should describe our universe history. My main purpose is to formulate the consistent alternative to Einstein gravity in order to resolve the fundamental puzzle of modern cosmology: why and how the universe accelerates? In fact, I proposed the first modified gravity which may describe the unification of the early-time inflation (including singular one) and late-time acceleration, i.e.consistent universe history evolution. We also proposed a bouncing universe in modified gravity as scenario that is alternative to the inflation. The alternative gravity we develop should describe the whole sequence of the universe eras: inflation, radiation-matter dominance and dark energy era with consistent transitions from one era to other era. The study of current universe clarifies its future: if it will expand eternally or if its evolution will be finished in the future singularity.
– Odintsov SD, Saez-Chillon Gomez D & Sharov SG 2019, ‘Testing logarithmic corrections to R^2-exponential gravity by observational data‘, Phys.Rev. D 99, p.024003
– Odintsov SD & Oikonomou VK 2019, ‘Inflationary phenomenology of Einstein Gauss-Bonnet gravity compatible with GW170817I, Physics Letters B797, p.134874
– Elizalde E, Odintsov SD, Oikonomou VK & Paul T 2019, ‘Logarithmic-corrected R2 gravity inflation in the presence of Kalb-Ramond fields‘, JCAP 1902, 017
– Nojiri S, Odintsov SD & Saridakis EM 2019, ‘Holographic inflation’, Physics Letters B, 797, UNSP 134829.
– Nojiri S, Odintsov SD & Oikonomou VK 2019, ‘Ghost-free Gauss-Bonnet theories of gravity‘, Physical Review D 99, p.044050
– Nojiri S, Odintsov SD & Saridakis E 2019, ‘Modified cosmology from extended entropy with varying exponent‘, Eur.Phys.J. C 79, p.242
– Odintsov SD & Oikonomou VK 2019, ‘Effects of spatial curvature on the f (R) gravity phase space: no inflationary attractor?’, Classical And Quantum Gravity, 36, 6, 065008
– Odintsov SD & Oikonomou VK 2019, ‘f(R) gravity inflation with string-corrected axion dark matter’, Physical Review D, 99, 6, 064049.
– Odintsov SD & Oikonomou VK 2019, ‘Finite-time singularities in swampland-related dark energy models‘, EPL 126, p.20002
– Odintsov SD & Oikonomou VK 2019, ‘Unification of inflation with dark energy in F(R) gravity and axion dark matter‘, Physical Review D 99, p.104070
Selected research activities
-Chairman/Keynote Speaker at Workshop Siberian String Cosmology (March, Tomsk)
-Int Conf Symmetry 2019 (Sept., Benasque)
-Organizer/Keynote Speaker at 10th Math. Phys. Conf. (Sept., Belgrade)
-Workshop Modified Grav & Cosm. (May, Barcelona)
-Keynote Speaker at Int. Meeting on Fund. Physics (April, Aranjuez)
-10th Friedmann Seminar (July, Saint-Petersburg)
-Int Conf Modern Physics of Compact Stars (Sept., Erevan)