Dr. Alexander Voityuk joined the Institut de Química Computacional at the Universidad de Girona as an ICREA research professor in May 2004. 1973-1978 Master degree with honor NSU, Russia. Speciality: Chemistry, Specialization: Physical and Inorganic chemistry. 1979-1983 PhD in Physical Chemistry (Institute of Inorganic Chemistry, Academy of Sciences, USSR ). 1985-1992 Associate Professor in Physical Chemistry and Quantum Chemistry group leader at the Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry (Novosibirsk, Russia). Before obtaining his ICREA position in 2004, he was a senior research associate at the University of Zurich, Switzerland (1992-1995), Technical University of Munich (1995-2000) and Max-Planck-Institute of Quantum Optics, Garching, Germany (2000-2004). He has published >170 articles with more than 3500 total citations in the field of quantum chemistry and computational modeling of charge transfer in biomolecules and organic materials.
Electron transfer (ET) and excitation energy transfer (EET) are important processes in biochemistry and material science. The main area of my research is the development of theoretical and computational tools to explore ET and EET in molecular systems and their application to biomolecules and organic materials to understand underlying mechanisms that control the charge and exciton migration in the systems. Semiempirical methods, the development of computer codes and simulation of ET and EET in DNA and related systems are of special interest.
– Stasyuk AJ, Stasyuk OA, Sola M & Voityuk AA 2019, ‘Hypsochromic solvent shift of the charge separation band in ionic donor-acceptor Li+@C-60 ·CPP’, Chemical Communications, 55, 75, 11195 – 11198.
– Izquierdo M, Platzer B, Stasyuk AJ, Stasyuk OA, Voityuk AA, Cuesta S, Sola M, Guldi DM & Martin N 2019, ‘All-Fullerene Electron Donor-Acceptor Conjugates’, Angewandte Chemie-international Edition, 58, 21, 6932 – 6937.
– Stasyuk AJ, Stasyuk OA, Sola M & Voityuk AA 2019, ‘Photoinduced Charge Shift in Li+-Doped Giant Nested Fullerenes’, Journal Of Physical Chemistry C, 123, 27, 16525 – 16532.
– Stasyuk AJ, Stasyuk OA, Sola M & Voityuk AA 2019, ‘Peculiar Photoinduced Electron Transfer in Porphyrin-Fullerene Akamptisomers’, Chemistry-a European Journal, 25, 10, 2577 – 2585.
– Voityuk AA & Vyboishchikov SF 2019, ‘A simple COSMO-based method for calculation of hydration energies of neutral molecules’, Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, 21, 34, 18706 – 18713.
– Vyboishchikov SF & Voityuk AA 2019, ‘Iterative Atomic Charge Partitioning of Valence Electron Density’, Journal of Computational Chemistry, 40, 7, 875 – 884.
Selected research activities
Visiting professor . Nanyang Technological University, October-November 2019.