Selected research activities
– Organized Evolutionary Science, Family Structures and Human Rights, event with Robert Trivers, T Bosch, J Bertranpetit, R Nagel and M Santos, 28/11.
– Delivered talks: ‘Cruelty and Culture’, Globalizing Minority Rights Conference, Tromso, 14/3; ‘Social Justice, Gender Equality and Social Publicity’, LOGOS UB, 20/4 ‘Sea Access for the Landlocked’, Carlos III University, Madrid, 5/5; ‘The Egalitarian Trilemma’, Jerusalem University, 17/4; ‘Distributive Justice and Female Longevity’, Marie Curie Conference on Ageing, UPF, 12/7; ‘Conservative Sufficiency and Future Generations’ Fracture Conference, Center for Advanced Studies Justitia Amplificata and Goethe University, Frankfurt, 13/7; ‘Climate Change and Human Rights’ One Young World Conference, Barcelona 14/7; ‘Sufficiency and Future Generations’, Future Generations Conference, UB, 30/6; ‘Conservative and Conservationist Sufficiency’ Princeton-UPF Conference in Political Theory, 2/11; ‘Cambio climático: el conflicto social y cultural’, CCCB 21/11, ‘Justice and Biology’, UPF 28/11.
– Supervised: J Moawad’s MA Thesis ‘Gender Equality and Sport’, R Bravo’s MA Thesis ‘Liberty, Equality and Sufficiency’, M Vallés’ ‘Against Non-Medical Sex-Selective Abortion’, L Marani’s MA Thesis, ‘Regulations Up in Smoke. Spain’s Medical Canabis Law as a Social Justice Failure’.
– Evaluated: J Kapembwa’s PhD ‘Wildlife Rights and Human Obligations’, Reading University, 26/4, MINECO Grants, La Caixa Grants.
– Other: Co-directed with N Almiron UPF Center for Animal Ethics, co-edited LEAP and PPE, served on board of Ethical Theory and Moral Practice, and Public Reason, and founding board of Global Justice Program, School of Transnational Affairs, Delhi; and The Journal of Controversial Ideas.