Selected research activities
– Supervisor of the M.Sc. Thesis ‘Paleoclimatic reconstruction of the last 420 kyr in the Strait of Sicily’ by Sara Cobacho, Oceanography and Marine Environmental Management, University of Barcelona.
– Supervisor of the Marie Skłodowska-Curie Individual Fellowship, European Commission Horizon 2020 to Lydia Kapsenberg for the project EVOMA: The influence of Environmental Variability On Mussel Aquaculture and adaptation in the context of global ocean change (H2020-MSCA-IF-2016, C.N. 747637).
– PI of the MINECO Project SCORE: Sediments and cold water Corals to address key questions of the Oceans in the past: two case-study Regions and one Experiment (CGL2015-68194-R).
– Coordinator of the Research Group on Marine Biogeochemistry and Global Change. Generalitat de Catalunya (2017SGR1011).
– Participant of the European Commission Horizon 2020 Project CERES: Climate change and European aquatic RESources (H2020-BG-2015-2, C.N. 678193)
– Conference: “Ground-truthing paleo-proxy calibrations in Desmophyllum dianthus deep-sea corals using long-term aquaria cultures”, AGU Fall Meeting, Washington D.C., US.
– Reviewer of the IPCC Special Report on the Ocean and Cryosphere in a Changing Climate, to be published in 2019.
– Lecturer of ocean acidification impacts for students of the Degree in Marine Sciences (fourth year) of the University of Barcelona.
– Participation in the ‘Science Day at Schools’ with a talk on ‘Our (ir)responsibilities with Water Planet’ at Les Cases dels Mestres, with students from IES Manolo Hugué and Pic del Vent (High School, 15-16 years old), Caldes de Montbui, Barcelona.