* ICREA Professor of Life and Medical Sciences. IDIBAPS (Barcelona)
* Adjunct Visiting Professor, JG Brown Cancer Center, Univ. of Louisville School of Medicine (USA)
IMMEDIATE PREVIOUS POSITION:
* Special Fellow & Instructor. Washington University School of Medicine (USA)
* Public Agencies: European Commission / Ministry of Economy & Competitiveness (MINECO) / AGAUR,
* Private Foundations: Leukemia Research Foundation / AVON Breast Cancer Campaign / La Marató de TV3 Foundation / La Caixa Foundation / Spanish Association Against Cancer (AECC) / Olga Torres Foundation / Academy of Medical and Health Sciences of Catalonia / Duchenne Parent Project Association
Our group studies molecular mechanisms regulating gene expression in health and disease with a particular focus on transcriptional regulation. Ongoing projects investigate gene regulation in inflammation, cancer, stem cell determination and differentiation, and tissue injury and regeneration. We use a wide range of technical approaches that include conditional transgenic mice, ex vivo culture and manipulation of normal and malignant primary cells, differentiation of human embryonic stem cells, and high-throughput techniques (e.g., RNAseq, proteomics). As molecular models, we use the EMT transcription factors ZEB1 and ZEB2 that play key roles in a number of physiological and pathological processes.