The ever-wider availability of technologies such as mobile networks, artificial intelligence, cloud services, data analytics and ICT platforms is dramatically altering the way we live, work and interact – in what is usually referred to as the Fourth Industrial Revolution. The upcoming Beyond 5G disruptive technologies represent a key pillar for enabling this digital revolution unfolding around us. In contrast to previous mobile network generations, a key new aspect for the mobile industry moving forward is the need to expand the mobile ecosystem to also incorporate industry verticals like automotive, manufacturing, smart-grids and health. While early research and field-trials results are promising, The AI-driven automation of mobile networks for a cost-efficient digital transformation (DX) is still at its infancy and will require of a huge research effort to deliver on the DX promises in the next decades.
– G.Garcia-Aviles, A.Garcia-Saavedra, M.Gramaglia, Xavier Costa-Pérez et al.‘ Nuberu: Reliable RAN Virtualization in Shared Platforms’. ACM MOBICOM, 2021.
– JA. Ayala-Romero, A.Garcia-Saavedra, X.Costa-Pérez et al.‘EdgeBOL: Automating Energy-Savings for Mobile Edge AI’. ACM CoNEXT, 2021.
– A.Okic, L.Zanzi, V.Sciancalepore, A.Redondi, X.Costa-Pérez, ‘Pi-ROAD: a Learn-as-You-Go Framework for On-Demand Emergency Slices in V2X Scenarios’, IEEE INFOCOM 2021.
– JA.Ayala-Romero, A.Garcia-Saavedra, X.Costa-Pérez et al. ‘Bayesian Online Learning for Energy-Aware Resource Orchestration in Virtualized RANs’, IEEE INFOCOM 2021.
– P.Mursia, V.Sciancalepore, A.Garcia-Saavedra, L.Cottatellucci, X. Costa-Pérez et al.‘RISMA: Reconfigurable Intelligent Surfaces Enabling Beamforming for IoT Massive Access’, IEEE Journal On Selected Areas In Communications, 2021.
– L.Zanzi, V.Sciancalepore, A.Garcia-Saavedra, H.Schotten, X.Costa-Pérez, ‘LACO: A Latency-Driven Network Slicing Orchestration in Beyond-5G Networks’, IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, 2021
Editorial Board Member
Joint Research Unit
© 2022 ICREA Memoir 2021.