Born on 30 May 1964 in Leningrad, USSR (=St. Petersburg, Russia). Graduated from Leningrad State University in 1986. PhD in Mathematics from St. Petersburg State University, 1991. Previous long-term positions: - Institute of Analysing Devices, Leningrad, USSR (1986-1989), researcher; - St. Petersburg University of Electrical Engineering, St. Petersburg, Russia, assistant professor (1989-1992) and then associate professor (1992-1998) in the Department of Mathematics; - Universidad de La Laguna, Tenerife, Spain (1996-1997), visiting professor; - Universitat de Barcelona, Spain (1999-2001), visiting research fellow; - Steklov Institute of Mathematics, St. Petersburg Branch (POMI), St. Petersburg, Russia (1998-2007), senior researcher; - Universitat de Barcelona, Spain (2003-2006), Ramón y Cajal researcher. Prizes: Young Scientist Award in the area of Mathematics from Academia Europaea (for fSU researchers), 1998.
Most of my research is devoted to spaces of analytic functions of a complex variable. Typically, the functions live on the unit disk and are well-behaved, in a sense, near/on its boundary, the unit circle. Various specific interpretations of "well-behaved", such as a natural growth restriction or some kind of boundary smoothness, give rise to important function spaces with nice properties, and I have studied some of these. I am also concerned with certain types of linear operators (e.g., the so-called Toeplitz and Hankel operators) acting on such spaces.
- Dyakonov KM 2022, 'Nearly outer functions as extreme points in punctured Hardy spaces', Advances in Mathematics, vol. 401, 108330, 22 pp.
- Dyakonov KM 2022, 'Functions with small and large spectra as (non)extreme points in subspaces of H∞', Algebra i Analiz, vol. 34, no. 3, pp. 193–206.
- Dyakonov KM 2022, 'Interpolation and duality in spaces of pseudocontinuable functions', Mathematische Zeitschrift, vol. 302, no. 3, pp. 1477–1488.
Selected research activities
* Editorial boards: Journal of Function Spaces, Proceedings of the Institute of Applied Mathematics and Mechanics (NAS of Ukraine).
* A number of talks at various conferences and seminars in Poland, Russia, Tunisia and France.
* Served on the Science Selection Committee for the King Faisal Prize in Mathematics (Saudi Arabia).
* Served as referee for a number of mathematical journals, such as J. Math. Anal. Appl., Studia Math., Anal. Math. Phys., St. Petersburg Math. J., etc.