Born on 30 May 1964 in Leningrad, USSR (=St. Petersburg, Russia). Graduated from Leningrad State University in 1986. PhD in Mathematics from St. Petersburg State University, 1991. Previous long-term positions: - Institute of Analysing Devices, Leningrad, USSR (1986-1989), researcher; - St. Petersburg University of Electrical Engineering, St. Petersburg, Russia, assistant professor (1989-1992) and then associate professor (1992-1998) in the Department of Mathematics; - Universidad de La Laguna, Tenerife, Spain (1996-1997), visiting professor; - Universitat de Barcelona, Spain (1999-2001), visiting research fellow; - Steklov Institute of Mathematics, St. Petersburg Branch (POMI), St. Petersburg, Russia (1998-2007), senior researcher; - Universitat de Barcelona, Spain (2003-2006), Ramón y Cajal researcher. Prizes: Young Scientist Award in the area of Mathematics from Academia Europaea (for fSU researchers), 1998.
Most of my research is devoted to spaces of analytic functions of a complex variable. Typically, the functions live on the unit disk and are well-behaved, in a sense, near/on its boundary, the unit circle. Various specific interpretations of “well-behaved”, such as a natural growth restriction or some kind of boundary smoothness, give rise to important function spaces with nice properties, and I have studied some of these. I am also concerned with certain types of linear operators (e.g., the so-called Toeplitz and Hankel operators) acting on such spaces.
– Dyakonov KM 2019, ‘Boundary Gauss–Lucas type theorems on the disk’, Journal d’Analyse Mathématique, vol. 138, no. 2, pp. 717-739.
– Dyakonov KM 2019, ‘An extremal problem for functions annihilated by a Toeplitz operator‘, Analysis and Mathematical Physics, vol. 9, no. 3, pp. 1019-1029.
– Dmitrishin D, Dyakonov K & Stokolos A 2019, ‘Univalent polynomials and Koebe’s one-quarter theorem‘, Analysis and Mathematical Physics, vol. 9, no. 3, pp. 991-1004.
Selected research activities
* Problem solving classes in Complex Analysis, taught at the UB in February-June 2019.
* Functional Analysis and PDE, a graduate course taught at the UB (as part of Màster de Matemàtica Avançada) in September-December 2019.
* Problem solving classes in Mathematical Analysis, taught at the UB in September-December 2019.
* Editorial boards: Abstract and Applied Analysis (until November 2019), Journal of Function Spaces, Proceedings of the Institute of Applied Mathematics and Mechanics (NAS of Ukraine).
* A number of invited talks at various conferences and seminars in Russia, France and Spain.
* Served as referee for a number of mathematical journals, such as C. R. Math. Acad. Sci. Paris, Studia Math., St. Petersburg Math. J., Anal. Math. Phys.