Majid Ebrahim-Zadeh received his PhD from St Andrews, UK, in 1989. He was a Royal Society Research Fellow from 1993 to 2001, and appointed ICREA Professor at ICFO in 2003. He has over 600 publications, including 205 journal papers, 105 invited talks, 18 invited book chapters and reviews, and has edited 2 books. He has chaired 7 international conferences, served on editorial board of leading journals (Optica, Optics Letters, J. Opt. Soc. Am. B, IEEE Photonics Journal), various international scientific councils, advisory boards and steering committees of major international conferences, and on evaluation panels of several funding agencies including ERC Advanced Grants. He is a director and chief scientist of Radiantis, a Fellow of OSA and SPIE, recipient of the Royal Society Merit Award (1995, 1999), Innova Prize, Spain (2004), and Berthold Leibinger Innovation Prize, Germany (2010).
His research is focused on the development of new technologies for the generation and manipulation of coherent light in new spectral and temporal domains, which are inaccessible to conventional lasers. The main goal is the exploitation of nonlinear optics, in particular optical parametric processes, to produce laser radiation with unique spectral and temporal flexibility, and applications of this technology to biomedicine, frequency synthesis, spectroscopy, optical microscopy and imaging. Another important focus of his research is commercial enterprise and technology transfer to the industrial sector, where he has successfully transformed research results from his laboratory at ICFO into cutting-edge photonic products through the creation of a spin-off company, Radiantis, in Barcelona, in 2005. Radiantis is a leading manufacturer of state-of-the-art frequency conversion systems, and a certified supplier to one of the largest laser companies in the world.
– O’Donnell, Callum F.; Kumar, S. Chaitanya; Ebrahim-Zadeh, M. 2019, APL Photonics 4, 5, 050801.
– Ashik, A. S.; O’Donnell, Callum F.; Chaitanya Kumar, S.; Ebrahim-Zadeh, M.; Tidemand-Lichtenberg, P.; Pedersen, C. 2019, Photonics Research 7, 7, 783-791.
– Sharma, Varun; Kumar, S. Chaitanya; Aadhi, A.; Ye, H.; Samanta, G. K.; Ebrahim-Zadeh, M. 2019, Scientific Reports 9, 9578.
– O’Donnell, Callum F.; Kumar, S. Chaitanya; Schunemann, P. G.; Ebrahim-Zadeh, M. 2019, Optics Letters 44, 18, 4570-4573.
– Parsa, S.; Chaitanya Kumar, S.; Nandy, Biplob; Ebrahim-Zadeh, M. 2019, Optics Express 27, 18, 25436-25444.
– Devi, Kavita; Padhye, A.; Sukeert; Ebrahim-Zadeh, M. 2019, Optics Express 27, 17, 24093-24104.
– Sharma, Varun; Samanta, G. K.; Kumar, S. Chaitanya; Singh, R. P.; Ebrahim-Zadeh, M. 2019, Optics Letters 44, 19, 4694-4697.
– Sukeert; Kumar, S. Chaitanya; Ebrahim-Zadeh, M. 2019, Optics Letters 44, 23, 5796-5799.
– Meng, L.; Padhye, A.; Pedersen, C.; Ebrahim-Zaden, M.; Rodrigo, P. J. 2019, Optics Letters 44, 7, 1670-1673.
– Junaid, S.; Kumar, S. Chaitanya; Mathez, M.; Hermes, M.; Stone, N.; Shepherd, N.; Ebrahim-Zadeh, M.; Tidemand-Lichtenberg, P.; Pedersen, C. 2019, Optica 6, 6, 702-708.
Selected research activities
Selected Invited Talks (International Conferences):
– SPIE LASE, Photonics West, San Francisco, USA.
– Workshop on Information Optics (WIO), Stockholm, Sweden.
– International Conference on Advanced Materials and Technology (ICMAT), Materials Reserach Society (MRS), Singapore.
– Nonlinear Optics, Optical Society of America, Hawaii, USA.
– CLEO-Europe, Munich, Germany.
– Committee Chair, The 32nd Annual IEEE Photonics Conference (IPC), San Antonio, Texas, USA.
– Associate Editor, Optica, Optical Society of America, USA.
– Selection Committee: C. E. K. Mees Medal, Optical Society of America, USA.
– International Expert Panel: MSc in Photonics Engineering Program, Denmark Technical University (DTU), Denmark.
– Hanyu Ye
– Callum Francis O’Donnell