Nov. 2015 – Present: ICREA/Group Leader at the Institute of Photonic Sciences (ICFO), Mediterranean Technology Park, Barcelona, Spain. April 2015 – Oct. 2015: Group Leader – Professor at the Institute of Photonic Sciences (ICFO) Sep. 2009 – March 2015: Group Leader – Assistant Professor at the Institute of Photonic Sciences (ICFO) Sep. 2008 – July 2009: Postdoctoral fellow in the department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the University of Toronto, Canada. Ed/ Oct. 2004 - July 2008: PhD in the department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the University of Toronto, Canada. Connaught Fellow. Sep. 2002 - Sep. 2004: MA Sc in the department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the University of Toronto, Canada. Sep. 1996 - Sep. 2001: Diploma in Electrical and Computer Engineering from the University of Patras, Greece.
We employ advances in nanoscience and we transform them into nanotechnology in solving real-world problems that current technology cannot address or do so at an affordable cost for the benefit of the society. We are doing so by assembling a group of physicists, chemists and engineers to tackle complex, interdisciplinary problems. We focus on novel functional nanomaterials, nanostructures and devices for optoelectronics and renewable energy applications. Our main scope is on the development of low-cost, high-efficiency solar cells employing nanostructured materials of low toxicity and high abundance to address the TW challenge and on the development of hybrid 2-dimensional / 0-dimensional optoelectronic platforms for highly sensitive, low cost photodetectors in the visible and infrared part of spectrum covering a broad range of applications including night vision, remote sensing, environmental monitoring and biomedical and health monitoring. We also develop low cost ingrared light emitting diodes and lasers for on-chip spectrometry, structured illumination and silicon-photonics aplications.
– Pradhan S, Di Stasio F, Bi Y, Gupta S, Christodoulou S, Stavrinadis A & Konstantatos G 2019,’ High-efficiency colloidal quantum dot infrared light-emitting diodes via engineering at the supra-nanocrystalline level‘, Nature Nanotechnol, 14, 1, 72
– Huo N, Figueroba A, Yang Y, Christodoulou S, Stavrinadis A, Magen C & Konstantatos G 2019, ‘Engineering Vacancies in Bi2S3 yielding Sub-Bandgap Photoresponse and Highly Sensitive Short-Wave Infrared Photodetectors’, Advanced Optical Materials, 7, 11, 1900258.
– Pradhan S, Dalmases M & Konstantatos G 2019, ‘Origin of the Below-Bandgap Turn-On Voltage in Light-Emitting Diodes and the High V-OC in Solar Cells Comprising Colloidal Quantum Dots with an Engineered Density of States’, Journal Of Physical Chemistry Letters, 10, 11, 3029 – 3034.
– Wang Y, Liu Z, Huo N, Li F, Gu M, Ling X, Zhang Y, Lu K, Han L, Fang H, Shulga AG, Xue Y, Zhou S, Yang F, Tang X, Zheng J, Loi MA, Konstantatos G & Ma W 2019, ‘Room-temperature direct synthesis of semi-conductive PbS nanocrystal inks for optoelectronic applications‘, Nature Communications, 10, 5136.
– Özdemir O, Ramiro I, Gupta S & Konstantatos G 2019, ‘High sensitivity hybrid PbS CQD-TMDC photodetectors up to 2 μm’ ACS Photonics 6, 2381-2386
– Polat EO, Mercier G, Nikitskiy I, Puma E, Galan T, Gupta S, Montagut M, Piqueras JJ, Bouwens M, Durduran T, Konstantatos G, Goossens S & Koppens F 2019, ‘Flexible graphene photodetectors for wearable fitness monitoring’ Sci. Adv. 5, eaaw7846