Nov. 2015 – Present: ICREA/Group Leader at the Institute of Photonic Sciences (ICFO), Mediterranean Technology Park, Barcelona, Spain. April 2015 – Oct. 2015: Group Leader – Professor at the Institute of Photonic Sciences (ICFO) Sep. 2009 – March 2015: Group Leader – Assistant Professor at the Institute of Photonic Sciences (ICFO) Sep. 2008 – July 2009: Postdoctoral fellow in the department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the University of Toronto, Canada. Ed/ Oct. 2004 - July 2008: PhD in the department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the University of Toronto, Canada. Connaught Fellow. Sep. 2002 - Sep. 2004: MA Sc in the department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the University of Toronto, Canada. Sep. 1996 - Sep. 2001: Diploma in Electrical and Computer Engineering from the University of Patras, Greece.
We employ advances in nanoscience and we transform them into nanotechnology in solving real-world problems that current technology cannot address or do so at an affordable cost for the benefit of the society. We are doing so by assembling a group of physicists, chemists and engineers to tackle complex, interdisciplinary problems. We focus on novel functional nanomaterials, nanostructures and devices for optoelectronics and renewable energy applications. Our main scope is on the development of low-cost, high-efficiency solar cells employing nanostructured materials of low toxicity and high abundance to address the TW challenge and on the development of hybrid 2-dimensional / 0-dimensional optoelectronic platforms for highly sensitive, low cost photodetectors in the visible and infrared part of spectrum covering a broad range of applications including night vision, remote sensing, environmental monitoring and biomedical and health monitoring. We also develop low cost ingrared light emitting diodes and lasers for on-chip spectrometry, structured illumination and silicon-photonics aplications.
- Saha A, Kumar G, Pradhan S, Dash G, Viswanatha R & Konstantatos G 2022, 'Visible-Blind ZnMgO Colloidal Quantum Dot Downconverters Expand Silicon CMOS Sensors Spectral Coverage into Ultraviolet and Enable UV-Band Discrimination', Advanced Materials, 34(10):e2109498.
- Wang Y, Kavanagh SR, Burgués-Ceballos I et al. 2022, 'Cation disorder engineering yields AgBiS2 nanocrystals with enhanced optical absorption for efficient ultrathin solar cells', Nature Photonics, 16, 235–241.
- Pradhan S, Dalmases M, Taghipour N, Kundu B & Konstantatos G 2022, 'Colloidal Quantum Dot Light Emitting Diodes at Telecom Wavelength with 18% Quantum Efficiency and Over 1 MHz Bandwidth', Advanced Science, 9(20):e2200637.
- Wang Y, Peng L, Wang, Z & Konstantatos G 2022, 'Environmentally Friendly AgBiS2 Nanocrystal Inks for Efficient Solar Cells Employing Green Solvent Processing', Advanced Energy Materials, 12, 21, 2200700.
- Taghipour N, Tanriover I, Dalmases M, Whitworth GL, Graham C, Saha A, Ozdemir O, Kundu B, Pruneri V, Aydin K & Konstantatos G 2022, 'Ultra-Thin Infrared Optical Gain Medium and Optically-Pumped Stimulated Emission in PbS Colloidal Quantum Dot LEDs', Advanced Functional Materials, 32, 27, 2200832.
- Wang Z, Wang Y, Taghipour N, Peng L & Konstantatos G 2022, 'Ag-Refined Kesterite in Superstrate Solar Cell Configuration with 9.7% Power Conversion Efficiency', Advanced Functional Materials, 32, 43, 2205948.
- Taghipour N, Dalmases M, Whitworth GL, et al. 2022, 'Colloidal Quantum Dot Infrared Lasers Featuring Sub-Single-Exciton Threshold and Very High Gain', Advanced Materials, 35(1):e2207678.