Prof. Przulj is an elected member of Academia Europaea --The Academy of Europe (AE), The Serbian Royal Academy (SKANU), a Fellow of the British Computer Society (BCS), and a Scientific Advisor of the Mathematics Institute of the Serbian Academy of Sciences and Arts (SANU). She is an ICREA Research Professor at Barcelona Supercomputing Center as of January 1st, 2019. In 2014, she was awarded the British Computer Society Roger Needham Award. She received three prestigious European Research Council (ERC) grants: ERC Consolidator (2018-25), ERC PoC (2020-2022) and ERC Starting (2012-17). She held prestigious USA NSF Awards. Her research has also been supported by other large governmental and industrial grants. She has been a Full Professor (2016-now) at UCL, Assoc. Professor (2012-2016) and Assist. Professor (2009-2012) at Imperial College London and an Assistant Prof. at Univ. of California-Irvine (2005-2009). She obtained a PhD in Computer Science from Univ. of Toronto in 2005.
Molecular and clinical data integration for precision medicine: patient stratification, biomarker discovery, drug re-purposing, drug discovery, disease re-classification. Data analytics, modeling, fusion, dynamics, applied to clinical, molecular and biological data. Algorithms for uncovering molecular mechanisms of disease from systems-level “omics” data. Molecular networks: interactome evolution, dynamics, alignment, function prediction. Large-scale economic data analysis, fusion and modeling the dynamics of economic systems. Computational graph theory, algorithms, artificial inteligence, models.
- Windels SFL, Malod-Dognin N & Pržulj N 2022, 'Graphlet eigencentralities capture novel central roles of genes in pathways', Plos One, 17, 1, e0261676.
- Windels SFL, Malod-Dognin N & Pržulj N 2022, 'Identifying cellular cancer mechanisms through pathway-driven data integration', Bioinformatics, 38(18), 4344-4351.
Selected research activities
“AI for Understanding Molecular Complexity for Precision Medicine,” ELLIS talk at the Institute of Science and Technology Austria, Vienna, Austria, October 18, 2022
“Understanding Molecular Complexity in Precision Medicine,” From Algorithms to Discovery in Genome-Scale Biology and Medicine Conference at the Computational Innovation and Data-Driven Biology Summer Program, Simons Institute for the Theory of Computing, University of California Berkeley, Berkeley, CA, USA, July 5-8, 2022
“AI for understanding molecular complexity in precision medicine,” Lecture series: Next-generation of multi-omics research: going to the single cell, University of Luxembourg, February 23, 2022
Scientific Advisory Board Member:
– Luxembourg Centre of Systems Biomedicine (LCSB) at the University of Luxembourg
– Institute of Molecular Genetics and Genetic Engineering (IMGGE) at the University of Belgrade
– Helmholtz Centre for Infection Research (HZI / Braunschweig, Germany)
– Frontiers in Genetics (Frontiers)
– Frontiers in Bioinformatics (Frontiers)
– BMC Bioinformatics (BioMed Central)
Editorial Board Member:
– Bioinformatics (Oxford Journals)
– Scientific Reports - Nature (Nature Publishing Group)
Elected Chair of NetBio COSI of ISCB and ISMB
INRIA Research Groups, France, 2022
Program Committee Member:
ACM BCB 2022, Chicago, IL, USA, August 7-10, 2022
CNB-MAC 2022, Chicago, IL, USA, August 7, 2022
Complex Networks 2022, Palermo, Italy, November 8-10, 2022
Affiliations with Learned Societies:
Elected into ELLIS – European Laboratory for Learning and Intelligent Systems, in 2022