Diana Roig-Sanz is an ICREA Research Professor and an ERC Starting Grant holder at the IN3 (UOC). She is the coordinator of the Global Literary Studies Research Lab and the principal investigator (with Laura Fólica) of the research line Global Translation Flows. She is also the principal investigator of the ERC StG project “Social Networks of the Past. Mapping Hispanic and Lusophone Literary Modernity, 1898-1959” (Grant Agreement: 803860). She has been a Ramón y Cajal Research Fellow and a visiting professor at the Oxford Internet Institute, at the University of Oxford, and has developed research residencies and postdoctoral fellowships at top-ranked institutions like the Centre for Translation Studies (KU Leuven), the IHMC (École Normale Supérieure), the Department of European and Intercultural Studies (La Sapienza), or the Amsterdam School for Cultural Analyses (Amsterdam).
Her research interests deal with cultural and global literary history and sociology of translation from a digital humanities approach and her successive projects have been based on a consistent and fruitful research line on cultural transfer and the circulation of cultural goods, in which she has strived to challenge and revise former scholarly interpretations and develop new original approaches.
- Roig-Sanz D & Rotger N 2022, Global Literary Studies: Key Concepts, De Gruyter, Berlin.
- Roig-Sanz D & Rotger N 2022, 'Global Literary Studies Through Concepts: Towards the Institutionalisation of an Emerging Field', Global Literary Studies. Key Concepts, De Gruyter, Berlin, pp 1-36
- Roig-Sanz D 2022, 'The Global Minor: A Transnational Space for Decentering Literary and Translation History', Comparative Literature Studies, vol. 59, no. 4, pp 631-663.
- Roig-Sanz D 2022, "Global Translation History: Some Theoretical and Methodological Insights", Translation in Society, 1:2,131-156.
- Carbó Catalan E & Roig-Sanz D 2022, Culture as Soft Power. Bridging Cultural Relations, Intellectual Cooperation and Cultural Diplomacy, De Gruyter, Berlin.
- Carbó-Catalan E & Roig-Sanz D 2022, 'Swinging Between Culture and Politics: Novel Interdisciplinary Perspectives', Culture as Soft Power. Bridging Cultural Relations, Intellectual Cooperation, and Cultural Diplomacy, De Gruyter, Berlin, pp 1-20
Selected research activities
MSCA Fellowship (obtained). PI: D. Roig-Sanz, co-PI: Lucía Campanella
SGR (Consolidat) (obtained). PI: D. Roig-Sanz
Organizer of the conference "Rethinking Cinema History Through Global and Digital Approaches", Barcelona, 4-7 October. With the participation of Julia Noordegraaf, Daniela Treveri, Michael Cowan or Malte Hagener (co-organizer).
Keynote lectures: "Global Translation Zones: New Paradigms for Decentering Literary History," Hunan Normal University (China); "Global Translation History", Università degli Studi di Milano (Italy), "Key Theoretical Concepts and Methodological Challenges for a Global and Digital Approach to Film, Literary and Translation History," Universität des Saarlandes (Germany).
Panel proposal "Literary Translation and Soft Power", European Society for Translation, Oslo (Norway)