Jordi Cabot received his PhD degree in Computer Science from Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya (UPC) in 2006 and his Habilitation (French HdR) from the École Doctorale in Nantes in 2012. He has been a visiting researcher in Milan (Politecnico di Milano) and Toronto (University of Toronto) and an Associate Professor and Inria International Chair at École des Mines de Nantes where he led an Inria Research team in Software Engineering. Since May 2015, he is an ICREA Research Professor at Internet Interdisciplinary Institute (IN3), a research center of the Universitat Oberta de Catalunya (UOC) where he leads the SOM (Systems, Software and Models) research lab. Beyond his core research activities, he books some time for blogging and other dissemination and technology transfer actions.
My research falls into the broad area of systems and software engineering, especially promoting the rigorous use of software models and engineering principles in all software engineering tasks while keeping an eye on the most unpredictable element in any project: the people involved in it. Current research topics include the development of pragmatic formal verification techniques to assess the quality and security of software systems, the analysis and data mining of open source projects (and the communities around them) to optimize their collaboration and organizational structures, the study of scalability challenges in the design and deployment of large systems and the role AI can play in software development (and vice versa).
– Loli Burgueño, Jordi Cabot, Sébastien Gérard 2019, ‘An LSTM-Based Neural Network Architecture for Model Transformations‘, MoDELS 294-299
– Javier Luis Cánovas Izquierdo, Jordi Cabot, 2019 ‘Analysis and modeling of the governance in general programming language, SLE 179-183
– Bruneliere H, Burger E, Cabot J & Wimmer M 2019, ‘A feature-based survey of model view approaches’, Software And Systems Modeling, 18, 3, 1931 – 1952.
– Mattia Gasparini, Javier Luis Cánovas Izquierdo, Robert Clarisó, Marco Brambilla, Jordi Cabot 2019, ‘Analyzing rich-club behavior in open source projects’. OpenSym: 6:1-6:9
– Daniel G, Sunye G & Cabot J 2019, ‘Advanced prefetching and caching of models with PrefetchML’, Software And Systems Modeling, 18, 3, 1773 – 1794.
– Clariso R, Gonzalez CA & Cabot J 2019, ‘Smart Bound Selection for the Verification of UML/OCL Class Diagrams’, Ieee Transactions On Software Engineering, 45, 4, 412 – 426, 2019
– Palazzi MJ, Cabot J, Canovas Izquierdo JL, Sole-Ribalta A & Borge-Holthoefer J 2019, ‘Online division of labour: emergent structures in Open Source Software’, Scientific Reports, 9, 13890.
– Daniel, Gwendal; Cabot, Jordi; Deruelle, Laurent; Derras, Mustapha 2019, ‘Multi-platform Chatbot Modeling and Deployment with the Jarvis Framework’, Advanced Information Systems Engineering (CAiSE 2019), 11483, 177 – 193.
Selected research activities
-PC Chair of the 23rd International Conference on Fundamental Approaches to Software Engineering (FASE)
-Co-supervised the thesis “Model-driven Round-trip Engineering of REST APIs” defended at the Universitat Oberta de Catalunya
-Started the MDE Intelligence workshop series (Workshop on the synergies between Artificial Intelligence and Model-driven Engineering)
-Released a new open-source platform for (chat)bot development